Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Pure Joy!!!

Finally, we did some justice to the fact that we've been living in Salt Lake City. For those who don't know, SLC is a big ski destination. There are around 20 ski resorts, all within an hours drive from SLC. License plates in Utah read: "Greatest snow on Earth" (as always, Earth refers to USA).

Preetha's friends were visiting for the Christmas weekend and I booked a beginners' lesson at Snowbird resort. We enjoyed it every bit. We spent the entire afternoon on a bunny slope. While Preetha kept falling backwards the whole time, I got the hang of it after a couple of bad runs. I had a great time and learned to make turns.

It was very physical though. My body felt like I had been to the gym after a long time. Those ski boots are very heavy too. Walking with them on took some getting used to.

We'll surely go back before the winter ends. Yellow grade slopes, here I come!

No comments: